Inter Milan interested in Manchester United's Carlos Tevez

20 February 2009 09:35
Manchester United v Blackburn RoversKick-off: Sat Feb 21, 5.30pm; Old Trafford, ManchesterTV: Setanta Sports 1Radio: BBC Radio Five Live

According to the Star

, Jose Mourinho's club have made it clear they are interested in the Argentine, whose loan contract at Old Trafford comes to an end this season.

United had been given first refusal on Tevez, which ran out at the end of the January transfer window, and according to his representative, Kia Joorabchian, the 25-year-old is now free to negotiate with any club.

"Carlos is in the market now that United have not made any move for him," Joorabchian said.

"We are now studying other options and interested parties. There is no option left with United any longer."

Until now Real Madrid had been considered favourites, but with Inter's large contingency of Argentines, Tevez could be swayed.

The player himself, however, has not changed his stance on what he wants the future to bring.

Hopeful he will still have a part to play at Old Trafford as the 2009/10 season gets underway, Tevez said: "My mind is pointing me towards United and my plan is to stay here for several years more.

"I've already talked to the club and now we'll have to wait and see what happens in June.

"We talked but I've signed nothing yet. I want to stay. It would be difficult for me to quit one of the biggest clubs in the world."

Source: Telegraph