Brazil's 19-year-old strike sensation Walter on Manchester United's radar

09 March 2009 02:00
Wanted man: Walter[LNB]Manchester United[LNB]are reportedly keeping tabs on Brazil Under 20 striker Walter.[LNB]The £5million-rated 19-year-old caught the eye of United's scouts at the South American youth championships last month, according to the Daily Mirror.[LNB]Sportsmail understands the Barclays Premier League champions primarily had their eye on Gremio playmaker Douglas Costa at the tournament in Venezuela.[LNB]But Internacional striker Walter was more impressive, finishing thetournament as joint top scorer with five as Brazil won the competition.[LNB]Barcelona and Juventus are also said to be interested in Walter, but Internacional recently played down speculation.[LNB]VIDEO: Watch Walter in action...[LNB][LNB]The Brazilian club's president Vitorio Piffero said: 'He was a bigsuccess in the Under 20 championship, but there has been no offer.[LNB]'Every now and then, people want to sound things out but this hasn't happened. And it's not our intention to sell him now.'[LNB] Fellow target: Gremio attacking midfielder Douglas Costa[LNB] Your Champions League hopes will die on Wednesday, Inter star Ibrahimovic tells Manchester United[LNB]United speedster Cristiano strikes deal with Bolt to boost his lightning pace[LNB]Andy Townsend: Can somebody please make it hard for Manchester United[LNB]HATCHET MAN: Zlatan should let his feet do the talking but Manchester United can teach him a lesson[LNB]MANCHESTER UNITED FC NEWS FROM ACROSS THE NET[LNB][LNB]  

Source: Daily_Mail