Brazilans expect Nilmar bids

23 June 2009 10:44
Internacional are expecting Nilmar to attract considerable interest over the summer after reports linked Manchester United with the striker. The Brazilian club insist that they are yet to receive any offers for the player but reports in England suggest the Premier League champions have sent scouts to the Confederations Cup, where the 24-year-old is representing Brazil. The frontman had a disappointing spell with Ligue 1 club Lyon in 2004 where after scoring twice on his debut he failed to net again that season. However the Brazilian has begun to rebuild his career back in his homeland with Internacional, where he has a record of a goal every other game. "Now the interest will start coming, but there are no offers yet," Internacional vice-president Fernando Carvalho told Band. Serie A club Napoli have also been strongly linked with Nilmar but the player's agent, Orlando da Hora, stated that would not be an option after the Italian club backed out of a deal at the eleventh hour two years ago. "He won't go to Napoli now for any money," he said. Internacional currently own 70 per cent of the player while third-party Delcyr own the remaining 30 per cent, a scenario which is commonplace among South American players.

Source: SKY_Sports