Tevez withdraws transfer request

20 December 2010 05:41
Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has withdrawn his transfer request after talks with the club.The 26-year-old Argentine, who joined City in July 2009, said earlier this month that he wanted to leave after falling out with club officials. [LNB]But City said in a statement on Monday that Tevez has expressed his commitment to the club and will stay at Eastlands. [LNB]"Carlos and the club are keen to focus on the opportunities ahead and his contract remains unchanged," it said. [LNB]Manager Roberto Mancini added: "Carlos is a world-class player whose contribution since he joined the club has been invaluable. [LNB]"I am pleased that we are now able to focus on pure football matters and to be able to look forward to Carlos continuing to play a significant role in the club's progress."

Source: BBC_Sport