Mario Balotelli is ready to reclaim his place in the Manchester City side, according to the club's defensive coach Angelo Gregucci.
Balotelli was named as a substitute for City's UEFA Champions League draw in Ajax last Tuesday and did not even make the bench for last weekend's Premier League victory over Tottenham.
Speculation has surfaced the 22-year-old striker could head for the exit in January should Roberto Mancini continue to favour Sergio Aguero, Carlos Tevez and Edin Dzeko, who has proven influential as a substitute this season. However, Balotelli impressed for Italy in their friendly against France on Wednesday despite the Azzurri suffering a 2-1 defeat, and Gregucci says he is ready to fight for a spot at City.
He told Sky Sport Italy: "Mario gave a great contribution (for Italy) and I saw in him the right attitude and behaviour. "Mancini has chosen to give him a signal, and it is his right to make choices. "Perhaps during the last week something was missing, but Mario is ready to take back the Manchester City shirt.
"Future Balotelli has been linked with a return to Serie A with former club Inter Milan, as well as their city rivals AC Milan. Gregucci added of his future:
"Will he stay? It's not up to me to say. I just know that he is definitely redeemable. He has 22 years of talent and quality.
"He is a resource of our football club. He will give his contribution to the national team and to City."