Manchester City midfielder Vincent Kompany has signed a new five-year contract to end rumours of a January move away from the club.
The Belgium international has recently been linked with a switch to Barcelona, but has brushed off the speculation about his future at the City of Manchester Stadium.
Kompany's previous deal was due to expire in 2012, but he will now stay for a further two seasons after returning to action against Wigan Athletic on Sunday.
The 23-year-old, who has made 46 appearances since his arrival from Hamburg last year, is happy to be able to commit his future to City.
"There has been no speculation from my side because I have just signed the new deal, but it is the kind of thing you have to get used to when you play for this club now," Kompany told the club's official website.
"In the end you just don't pay attention to the speculation. City's ambitions are my ambitions and I want to be one of the main players in a very big team.
"We are now a mature side now and the big improvements this season have been in mentality and professionalism. That is why we are better than we were last season.
"It is so much more comfortable being in a squad where everyone is giving their all."
A foot injury had sidelined Kompany during the early weeks of the season and City boss Mark Hughes is happy to have the versatile performer back in his plans.
Hughes said: "He has been desperate to get back into action and in fact we have had to hold him back a little since his operation in the summer such was his desire to return to action.
"But that is the kind of lad that he is. He is still only 23 years old, but is so mature in his outlook; that is why I made him captain last season on occasions.
"He wants to improve, he is ambitious and he is desperate for success. He was one of our most reliable performers last season and it is great that we have been able to secure his services for the next five years.
"It is another sign of our commitment to young talent. Vincent is a big part of our future."