Carlos Tevez insists he alone is responsible for deciding he wants to leave Manchester City.
The Blues striker has had his transfer request turned down but after admitting on Sunday night his relationship with senior members of the City hierarchy had broken down "beyond repair" it is hard to see how Tevez has any future at Eastlands.
"I hugely resent the management's suggestions that I have been unduly influenced by others," said Tevez. "It was my decision and mine alone."
City have been quick to blame an extraordinary 24 hours on Tevez's long-time advisor Kia Joorabchian given they had been under the impression their star man wanted a lucrative new contract extension. But Tevez is adamant he is big enough to make his own decisions.
He continued: "I wanted to leave in the summer, but was convinced to return to the club. Sadly, my feelings have not changed.
"I am disappointed that the management should now see fit to try to portray the situation in another light.
"My relationship with certain executives and individuals at the club has broken down and is now beyond repair. I do not wish to expand on this at this stage. They know, because I have told them."
Tevez has exonerated manager Roberto Mancini from the fall-out, despite their touchline row during the recent home game with Bolton.
The South American has also praised owner Sheikh Mansour for his understanding.
However, insiders claim he felt pressurised into making comments during a recent magazine interview stating that he was happy at City and had no intention of quitting despite widely acknowledged problems coping with a distant relationship with his young daughters, who are both back in Argentina.