Manchester City on Tuesday denied receiving a bid from French league leaders Paris Saint Germain for Carlos Tevez, saying no deal had been agreed between the clubs.
PSG sources in Paris told AFP earlier that the Argentinian international could be headed to France after an agreement for a three-and-a-half year contract had been reached.
However a City spokesman said the report was without foundation.
"It's just not true," the City spokesman told AFP. "Manchester City have not received a bid for Carlos Tevez from Paris Saint Germain."
Tevez has been in the wilderness at City ever since a spectacular bust-up with manager Roberto Mancini in September following his apparent refusal to come off the bench in the Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich.