The Argentina striker faced a City disciplinary hearing on Friday where he was told he was being hit with the lesser charge of refusing to warm-up during the Champions League clash in Germany lastmonth - a charge he is expected to appeal.
The decision comes after none of the City staff or players who were with the pair on the night can verifythe manager Roberto Mancini's claims that the Argentina international refused to come on.
Tevez shrugged of the drama currently engulfing him and the club by enjoying a round of goal at the Cheshire Golf Club (below) while his team-mates trained ahead of Sunday's crunch derby with rivals United at Old Trafford.
Wrong club selection? Tevez, who spent Friday morning playing a round of golf at Cheshire Golf Club (below) has escaped the damaging charge of refusing to play
Not even the Italian's closest alliesin the camp - assistants David Platt and Brian Kidd - could confirm thestriker's alleged snub.
Indeed, it constitutes a highly embarrassing outcome for the City boss who claimed that Tevez would never play for the club again.
Tevez has the right to appeal, which would be heard by a board of City directors.
Should another ruling go against him, he could appeal to the Premier League. That whole process could see the saga run into December.
Business as usual: Mancini led his players in training (and below) without Tevez
The wantaway Argentina international's career in Manchester, however, remains in doubt with former club Corinthians confident that City want to cash in on the rebel for a cut-prize ?20million when the transfer window reopens for business in January - ?30m less than their original valuation.
Tevezhas been training alone at the club's Carrington training ground after being suspended for a fortnight while the investigation took place.
No evidence: None of the players or coaching staff - including David Platt and Brian Kidd (below) - can verify Mancini's claims that Tevez refused to play
He's now free to return to the first-team after the more serious allegations directed at him have been dropped.
But Corinthians' director of football Edu claims City will take a cut-price offer for Tevez in January.
What Mancini said.'For me, if a player plays for Manchester City in the Champions League and earns a lot of money and does this, then he can never play for me again.'
What Tevez said. 'I didn't feel right to play, so I told him I couldn't play. I have always done my best for the club and was top scorer last year. If he doesn't want to play me again that's up to him.'
Edu has held meetings with his former Arsenal team-mate Patrick Vieira, now City's football development executive, and Tevez's adviser Kia Joorabchian and said: 'It's part of my work to search for players who want to come back to this country. I cannot deny that Tevez is one of those.
'Itis difficult to talk about a price to say if he is worth it or not. City have said Tevez must stay out of the club for a month. Mancini saidthat he does not want him back. We will hope to resolve his situation.'
Going back: Tevez's former club Corinthians are hopeful of striking a cut-price ?20m deal for the player in January
City will offload striker Tevez for just ?20m in January, claims Corinthians chief EduI'm a good boy now, says mighty Mario ahead of derby showdown All the latest Manchester City news, features and opinion