Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has been ruled out for up to three weeks with with an adductor injury, the Premier League club has confirmed.The 26-year-old suffered the injury in Spain's World Cup final win on Sunday. [LNB]Earlier on Wednesday, the Spanish Football Federation said a scan had confirmed Torres has suffered a "grade one injury" to his groin. [LNB]However, his recovery time should see him ready for Liverpool's opening fixture against Arsenal on 15 August. [LNB]Liverpool's head of sports science and medicine Peter Brukner told the club's website: "The initial assessment was he had a mild adductor tear and the Spanish medial staff didn't consider it to be too serious at the time. [LNB]"He had an MRI scan yesterday which confirmed a small tear. He should be able to resume training within two to three weeks and be able to play again within three to four weeks."[LNB] Has playing through injury finally caught up with Torres? umpteenth_time_user Torres is not due back at Anfield until early August, with Liverpool having given players who took part in the World Cup three weeks off from the time their country's participation in the competition ended. [LNB]Torres endured a series of problems last term; he was troubled by a groin injury before Christmas and underwent surgery on his right knee which led to him missing most of January and February. [LNB]A second operation on the same knee forced him to sit out Liverpool's last four Premier League games and their Europa League semi-final against Atletico Madrid, the club he left to join the Merseysiders in 2007. [LNB]But despite being restricted to 32 appearances, he still finished as top scorer with 22 goals in all competitions. [LNB]He returned to action after a six-week absence to play for his country at the World Cup in South Africa. [LNB]But he failed to score in the tournament and was only used as an extra-time substitute in Sunday's final as Spain were crowned world champions for the first time. [LNB]He had only been on the pitch for 10 minutes when he had a hand in Andres Iniesta's winning goal but moments later he was carried off after pulling up abruptly while chasing a through ball. [LNB]Torres has been the subject of much transfer speculation over the summer, with Chelsea, Manchester City and Barcelona all being linked with the striker at various points. [LNB]However, he was photographed celebrating Spain's World Cup victory with a Liverpool scarf draped around his neck, a gesture which was appreciated by new Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson. [LNB]"I think it's safe to say the pictures of Fernando in the dressing room with the World Cup certainly went down well with our fans," he said. [LNB]"But the club can be proud of all the players who went away to the World Cup. [LNB]"To have four players [Torres, Pepe Reina, Dirk Kuyt and Ryan Babel] reach the final is an incredible achievement and I look forward to working with them when they return to Melwood after their holidays." [LNB]Meanwhile, Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani has recovered from his ankle injury. [LNB]The 25-year-old Italian, who moved to Anfield from Roma for £20m in August 2009, missed the first two months of the season with the long-standing injury and then endured an indifferent campaign. [LNB]Brukner, the Reds newly appointed head of sports medicine and sports science, confirmed: "Alberto's ankle is 100% healed. He has been training and looked sharp."