- Liverpool News
- League Table
- News Archive
- Premier League News
Rafa: I have no Juve agreement
01 Feb 2010 - 08:01:02
Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has made it clear that he has no intention of becoming the next Juventus boss in the summer.
After the Turin-based side sacked manager Ciro Ferrara on Friday and appointed Alberto Zaccheroni as caretaker until the end of the season, it was anticipated that Benitez was being lined up to be the long-term successor.
However, Benitez has attempted to put an end to the speculation by issuing a statement that read: "Contrary to reports in the Italian media this weekend, I want to make it absolutely clear I have no agreement with Juventus.
"I have not and will not be meeting Juventus or their representatives or any other club.
"I have a long-term contract with Liverpool and I'll repeat what I said on Friday that I am happy here and my only focus is to do my job as well as I can to get the team back into to the top four, beginning with the derby against Everton."
Last week Benitez had said he was "proud" to be linked with Juventus but now seems to have committed his long-term future to Liverpool.