Former Red gets five-year ban
El Hadji Diouf has been banned from any football-related activity in his home country of Senegal for five years. From The Echo: The decision came after former Liverpool man Diouf, 30, reacted angrily to the federation’s claims that he had failed to appear for a disciplinary hearing last week. The committee wanted to ask Diouf about comments he had made on Radio France International, claiming that “the whole system of African football is corrupt”. The federation claimed Diouf had been called to a hearing on July 20, but the Blackburn forward insisted he had heard nothing of it, and then told French magazine Stade he would “go to war” with the FSF if they took further action. The FSF last night said Diouf is banned “from performing any football-related activity for a period of five years with effect from the date of notification of this decision”.
Related Liverpool News