Former chairman David Moores called for co-owners Tom Hicks and GeorgeGillett to sell up quickly after more than three torrid years of in-fighting.
But Hicks, who is confident of selling Liverpool before the end of the year, responded insisting the club's finances are in a healthy state and that key players Torres and Steven Gerrard will not be sold this summer.
Sort it out: Fernando Torres wants to focus on the World Cup, frustrated by Liverpool's troubles that have cast doubt over his future at the club
Spain striker Torres has previously spoken out about the need to bring in 'four or five' quality signings this summer but said the ownership also needed to be addressed.
'That is one of the ways we need to improve,' said Torres.
'I know the situation, I speak to the chief executive (Christian Purslow) and Rafa (Benitez) every week and I am aware of what is going on.
'I have tried to stay apart from them and re-focus on the national team so when the World Cup ends, we'll see what happens.'
On Tuesday Torres' agent Jose Antonio Peton said that despite speculation aboutinterest from Chelsea and Manchester City the 26-year-old would be remaining at Anfield.
Speaking out: Torres, sporting his new short hair look, has called on Liverpool to resolve their off-field issues
'For the moment I can assure fans that Fernando will continue at Liverpool next season,' he told a Spanish radio station.
Those remarks were put to the striker today at a press conference for his national team but he said: 'I didn't read them.
'The most important thing for me now is the World Cup. My future is the World Cup and then we'll see later.
'For now and hopefully for the next two months the only thing I am thinking about and talking about is the World Cup.'
Gerrard and Torres will be injury-free next season, claims Liverpool's new medical guruSell up now! Ex-Anfield owner's 'huge regrets' as he tells Americans to walk Gerrard pushed closer to Real Madrid after Roma insist De Rossi is not for saleLIVERPOOL FC