ewcastle full-back and Liverpool target Jose Enrique is expected to return for pre-season training with his team-mates on Monday.[LNB] After months of speculation over the 25-year-old Spaniard's future, no bid has yet been received for a man who has 12 months of his existing contract left to run.[LNB]Enrique is yet to respond to an offer manager Alan Pardew has described as "fantastic", and while the Magpies know they may have a fight on their hands to keep him, they are refusing to admit defeat.[LNB]Assistant boss John Carver told the Evening Chronicle: "As far as we are aware, Jose will be back on Monday - I have been told nothing to the reverse - and Jose will be getting a warm welcome like he always does.[LNB]"I know he will give us 100%, like he always does, and he wouldn't dream of letting anybody down.[LNB]"As far as I know, everybody will be back, including Jose and Joey Barton, and it will be great to see them again.[LNB]"They are all still under contract and will be ready to start preparing for the new season with Newcastle United."[LNB]Unlike Enrique, Barton has not been offered a new contract as he enters the final year of his existing deal, although he has signalled his intention to remain on Tyneside for the time being.[LNB]No offer has been received for the former Manchester City midfielder either, although a bid of around £4million could persuade Newcastle to cash in on the 28-year-old now rather than lose him for free next summer.[LNB]Pardew has already added Yohan Cabaye and Sylvain Marveaux to his midfield resources this summer, and he continues to pursue a series of other potential targets with Manchester United's Darron Gibson, who is also in the sights of rivals Sunderland, among them.[LNB]However, his efforts to strengthen his defense has so far come to nothing.[LNB]The Magpies suffered a setback on Monday when Premier League newcomers Swansea rejected their £1million offer for 22-year-old full-back Neil Taylor.[LNB]They believed they were on the brink of pushing through a swoop for Taylor after activating a clause in his contract, but the Swans are adamant that only allowed them to talk to the player and they have no compulsion to sell him.[LNB]Newcastle are working to a strict financial structure and will not become involved in a bidding war, and that means they may have to move on unless Taylor ups the stakes by handing in a transfer request, or they are prepared to enter into a legal battle in an effort to secure his services.