Shinnie hails in-form Claey

04 November 2012 02:14
Graeme Shinnie believes Inverness are in unstoppable form after the 2-1 SPL win over Kilmarnock at Rugby Park kept their good run going. The Caley skipper had a penalty saved just before the break by Killie goalkeeper Cameron Bell, who was later sent off for taking down Caley midfielder Ross Draper. However, goals from Shinnie's brother Andrew and a spot-kick from Billy McKay, either side of a magnificent equaliser from Liam Kelly, took the points back up to the Highlands. Terry Butcher's men last suffered a defeat on September 2 when they lost 4-1 at Motherwell and have won five and drawn one of their last six games to take them third in the SPL table. Shinnie said: "The team has gelled now. "At the start of the season we were taking time to get going but now we are in full flow, it doesn't seem like anything can stop us. "After the Motherwell game that we lost 4-1 we sat down and had a meeting. "We talked about not getting too down, we knew we were playing quite well but weren't getting the break of the ball and things like that. "Something just clicked and it doesn't look as if anything is stopping us now. "We are scoring goals, we have scored in every game and we are conceding less which is the perfect thing and we are getting results." Shinnie believes a rare overnight hotel stay, which was agreed after Caley had dumped Rangers out of the Scottish Communities League Cup quarter-finals at Ibrox on Wednesday night, helped towards an energetic performance. He said: "It was crucial that we stayed over on Friday night. We travelled down to Glasgow on Wednesday before the Rangers game and were late back afterwards. "So I think it was good that we came down on Friday night, it kept us refreshed and relaxed and I think it showed, we kept going right to the end." A delighted Butcher concurred: "I said at the start of the season, when the chairman asked how we could make cuts, that we would cut down on overnight stays and club suits, so I think we saved £40,000. "But when you think how much work the players put into their games, it would have been really hard coming down to Kilmarnock in the morning." Killie boss Kenny Shiels ended the game fuming with the performance of referee Euan Norris, threatening to report the official to the Scottish Football Association's head of referee development, John Fleming. The most contentious point in an enthralling game came in the firsthalf when the home side, trailing to Andrew Shinnie's goal, had a good penalty claim turned down when midfielder Rory McKenzie went to ground under a challenge by Caley defender Gary Warren. Shiels said: "I went to shake hands with the referee and I didn't say a word. "I kept my emotions in check as much as I could and then he said something sarcastic so I reported him to John Connelly (SPL match delegate) at the end. "I don't know what he said but it was something flippant and I will be reporting him to John Fleming as well because I am not happy about it."

Source: team_talk

World Cup Group G

Belgium 0 1 0 0 1
Panama 0 1 0 0 1
Tunisa 0 0 0 0 0
England 0 0 0 0 0
Last updated : 16:48