Man City, Juve confirm Tevez transfer
Manchester City and Juventus on Thursday confirmed that Carlos Tevez had signed for the Italian club, bringing an end to his four-stay in northwest England.
"After 148 appearances and 73 goals for City, Tevez has agreed a three-year deal with the reigning Serie A champions," City said on their website, mcfc.co.uk.
"Everyone at Manchester City wishes Carlos the best of luck in Italy and thanks him for his important contributions."
No further details were disclosed but the 29-year-old Argentina striker was reported on Tuesday to have signed for Juve in a deal that could cost the Turin club up to Â£13.5 million (16 million euros, $21 million).
Juventus said on juventus.com that Tevez will wear the number 10 shirt and had signed with the club until June 30, 2016.
A news conference was due to be held at 0930 GMT, they added.
Tevez began his spell in England in 2006/7 at West Ham United, scoring the goal that kept the east London club in the English Premier League.
He moved to Manchester United the following season but headed to City in 2009 amid reports of disagreements with then-manager Alex Ferguson.
At City, he captained the club to victory in the FA Cup and was part of the side that won the Sky Blues' first league title since 1968.
But his relationship with former boss Roberto Mancini soured after he was stripped of the captaincy and then refused to warm-up when told to during a Champions League match against Bayern Munich in 2011/12.
That sparked a protracted exile and Mancini vowed that he would never play for City again but he eventually returned and ended up as the club's joint-top scorer last season with 17 goals.
Mancini was sacked after City's surprise FA Cup final defeat to relegated Wigan last year and after the club failed to progress beyond the Champions League stages for the second successive season.
He was replaced by former Malaga manager Manuel Pellegrini.
Related Juventus News