Juventus not in Champions League quarters yet, says Antonio Conte
Published : 05 Mar 2013 15:17:00Rss feed
Juventus coach Antonio Conte has called on his side not to lose focus as the Italian champions look to seal their place in the quarter-finals of the Champions League against Celtic here Wednesday.
Juve beat the Scottish champions 3-0 in Glasgow last month to give Neil Lennon's men a mountain to climb if they are to claim a place in the last eight.
However Conte said Juve, who are looking to make the last eight for the first time since their exit at the hands of Arsenal in 2006, said: "Celtic are a strong side and they're proud: we have to focus on the task at hand because we're only halfway through qualifying for the quarters.
"I've never been in the position of having a 3-0 advantage from the first leg so we're going into unknown territory.
"And football is full of surprises. That makes it all the more important to keep focus. We also have to be wary of dead ball situations."
Celtic complained to UEFA, European football's ruling body, over several pushing and shoving incidents which marred the first leg in Glasgow.
When asked about the Scottish side's complaint, Conte quipped: "He (Lennon) should come and coach in Italy. Every time Celtic had a corner one of their players was in the goalmouth hindering (goalkeeper) Gianluigi Buffon.
"Should we also make a complaint to UEFA?"
Related Juventus News