skip to content

Conte confident after corruption hearing

More

11 Mar 2013 20:16:57

Conte confident after corruption hearing

Juventus coach Antonio Conte said he was absolutely certain he would face no further action after being interrogated by the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) Disciplinary Commission over a match-fixing scandal on Monday.

The 43-year-old -- who looks set to guide Juventus to a second successive Serie A title -- was accompanied by three lawyers as he answered questions over a Serie B match in the 2008-09 season involving the side he coached at the time, Bari, against Salernitana.

According to the justice authorities in Bari there are suspicions the match was fixed.

However, Conte, who earlier this season served a four-month suspension for failing to disclose knowledge of match-fixing during his time at Siena in the 2010-11 season, was adamant he would not be facing further questioning or charges over the game.

"I believe I have clarified everything," said Conte, who has also guided Juventus to the Champions League quarter-finals.

"Am I afraid of being charged? Absolutely not."

An initial enquiry by the Bari judicial authorities led to numerous guilty verdicts on the sporting front but the criminal trials have yet to take place.


AFP

Sponsored links

advertisement

Related Juventus News

advertisement

advertisment