Keane nears transfer breakthrough

23 July 2010 02:05
Ipswich Town boss Roy Keane says he is close to adding more names to his squad after making just one signing so far this summer.Keane has only signed midfielder Conor Hourihane since Town finished last season's Championship campaign in 15th. [LNB]But the Town boss told the club's website: "We've had one offer accepted for a player. [LNB]"I've got to try and finalise things with that. We are close on that deal and one that will be a year-long loan." [LNB]Keane has been linked with numerous players this summer, most notably Cardiff defender Gabor Gyepes and Sunderland goalkeeper Marton Fulop, with Black Cats boss Steve Bruce confirming he had received an approach for the 27-year-old Hungarian.[LNB] It's good that things are finally happening but am I the only one thinking that things won't go all to plan? Ipswich Town and transfers don't really go hand in hand Buttons But so far former Sunderland midfielder Hourihane has been the only player to head to Suffolk, after the 19-year-old signed a one-year deal on Saturday. [LNB]"There could be movement with another player coming in as well so I'll be talking to two or three players over the next few days," Keane added. [LNB]"The players concerned include two I had in mind at the end of last season. [LNB]"Until the players are here and signed though there is nothing to get excited about." [LNB]Meanwhile transfer-listed midfielder Owen Garvan could be set to leave Portman Road, after the Irishman was strongly linked to George Burley's Crystal Palace.

Source: BBC_Sport