skip to content

Hull City boss confirm interest in Sagbo

22 Jul 2013 10:46:52

Hull City boss confirm interest in Sagbo

Hull boss Steve Bruce has confirmed the club have been in talks with Evian about signing striker Yannick Sagbo from the French side.

The Tigers are reported to have bid £1.6million for the 25-year-old former Monaco frontman.

Regarding French-born Ivorian Sagbo, Bruce - who it was announced on Friday had tied up the capture of Sunderland striker Danny Graham on a one-year loan deal - told the Hull Daily Mail: "We're in conversations.

"My chief executive is speaking with Evian and we're hopeful that we can get something done because he would be a good addition.

"He's a little bit different to what we've got. He's quick, he's direct and he wants to run in behind.

"It's hard talking about a player who belongs to another club but there has been dialogue and we'll see where it takes us. We'll be patient and see what develops."

Bruce has also been speaking about Stoke midfielder Wilson Palacios, a player he previously recruited on loan when manager at Birmingham and then on a permanent deal when in charge at Wigan.

Reports have suggested the Honduras international is someone else Hull, who are preparing for their return to the Barclays Premier League having sealed promotion in May, want on a season-long loan.

Bruce said of Palacios: "We're not sure if Stoke are willing to let him go but if he did become available we would be interested of course.

"We have to wait to see if Stoke say he is surplus to their requirements, but he's a player I've worked with before and like."


PA

Sponsored links

advertisement

Related Hull City News

advertisement

advertisment