Bruce charge confirmed
Hull manager Steve Bruce's misconduct charge following last weekend's 1-0 defeat at Tottenham has been confirmed by the Football Association.
The Tigers boss revealed on Wednesday night that he had already received notification of the charge, after he described referee Michael Oliver's decision to award a late penalty at White Hart Lane on Sunday as "a joke".
"I've been charged," Bruce said, following his side's penalty shoot-out defeat, also at Spurs, in the Capital One Cup.
"Mike Riley (head of the Professional Game Match Officials Board) rang me on Monday morning telling me they've made a huge mistake. What am I supposed to say?
"What is the law and what is it supposed to be? I'll argue my case. It will cost me a few quid, but I'll do it."
The FA confirmed the charge on Thursday morning in a statement which read: "Hull City manager Steve Bruce has been charged for misconduct by The FA in relation to post-match media comments he made following his side's game against Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday 27 October 2013.
"It is alleged Bruce's comments called into question the integrity of the match referee, and/or implied that the match referee was motivated by bias; and/or brought the game into disrepute, in contravention of Rule E3(1).
"Bruce has until 6pm on November 4 to respond to the charge."
Despite the charge Bruce was unwilling to take a backward step after Wednesday night's loss, claiming Hull games were not officiated by the most high-profile referees.
"We don't get the big referees. Are we not as important as the big clubs?'' he said.
"Although I suppose Michael Oliver is supposed to be one of the top referees... but I can't seem to remember Howard Webb coming to Hull very often.
"We've had a bad decision and a bad couple of days but we'll see what the FA say."
Related Hull City News