Hartlepool United midfielder Ritchie Jones has withdrawn a transfer request and opted to stay at Victoria Park.
The 22-year-old asked manager Chris Turner for a move away from the League One side a week ago, but had admitted it was a 'rash decision'.
He told the club's official website: "I just want to let people know that me putting a transfer request in was to do with off-field matters that were affecting me.
"What I did last week was a result of that and looking back I now know that it was a rash decision on my part.
"I've managed to get my head round things now and I want everyone to know that I'm extremely happy to be playing for Hartlepool United and am fully committed to the club."
Meanwhile, Turner has opened the door for the former Manchester United youth player to win a place in the starting XI for the Pools' opening fixture away to MK Dons on Saturday.
"Ritchie will be in the heat of the battle to start in that central midfield area on Saturday," he told the Northern Echo.
"He just gave me a call to say he wants his transfer request withdrawn. He said he did it for personal not football reasons and he panicked.
"It was a shock that he wanted one but he has seen the error of his ways."
Meanwhile, midfield rival Jon-Andre Fredriksen has been declared fit after recovering from an ankle problem.