Coca Cola League One
Venue: Stadium MK Date: Saturday, 8 August 2009 Kick-off: 1500 BST
Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio 5 live, BBC local radio, Final Score & highlights on The Football League Show
MK Dons boss Paul Ince is set to hand debuts to at least four new signings - Jermaine Easter, David McCracken, Danny Woodards and Mark Carrington.
Aaron Wilbraham (ankle), Peter Leven, Jude Stirling (both groin), Danny Swailes (Achilles) and Sean O'Hanlon (knee) are all out.
Pools' duo Ben Clark (hernia) and Ritchie Humphreys (Achilles) miss out.
Sam Collins (ankle) should start and James Brown (cruciate ligament) is back in contention but unlikely to play.
• Hartlepool travel in search of their first ever league victory in the town of Milton Keynes.
• The Dons did the double over Pools last season with two 3-1 victories.
• Paul Ince returns to Milton Keynes, with whom he won the League Two title in 2008.
• Milton Keynes were bitterly disappointed at missing out on promotion under Roberto di Matteo, via the play-offs.
• The Dons have only won one of their five opening league fixtures since taking on their current identity, and have lost the last two.
• This is Hartlepool's third successive season in League One. They have never figured in the top two divisions.
• Pools spent the second half of last season on a downward spiral. Having been in the top 10 in mid-December last year, they avoided relegation by one point.
• The Teesside club won only two of their last 11 fixtures, losing eight of them.