- Fulham News
- News Archive
- League Table
- Premier League News
Whos next in the premier league sack race?
One sacked one resigned two premier league managers down and it’s not even Christmas yet with a lot of changes this season at the top half and bottom half of the premier league a lot of teams are struggling to get their momentum going this season.
With the January transfer window fast approaching it is renowned for being the time of year when the boards around the country hit their panic buttons and change managers.
Here’s a list of managers who are most likely next for the sack.
5. Manuel Pellegrini Manchester City – Manchester City have started life under Pellegrini blowing hot and cold, unstoppable at home and poor away. Pellegrini has bought very well in the summer transfer window with most of his signings adjusting to life reasonably quickly. I believe he will turn their fortunes around but it needs to be done quickly as their away form is costing them dearly and no matter how you dress it 7th is not good enough.
4. Chris Hughton Norwich City – Norwich have taken some royal beatings this season the worst of all being the 7-0 demolition by Manchester City sat dangerously above the relegation zone its been a bad start this season for Norwich. Some of Chris Hughton’s summer signings really haven’t made the grade so far this season and it could cost him his job if they don’t step up soon.
3. Andre Villas Boas Tottenham Hotspur – AVB has bought big this summer making a big splash in the transfer market the statement is clear from Daniel Levy they want to win big this season. However it’s slowly turning into a disaster for Spurs as there goals are quickly drying up with Soldado starting strong but currently going through a bad patch. Some other signings have been non existent Erik Lamela spending most his life on the bench and Christian Eriksen blowing hot and cold.
AVB will have to quickly get his team firing on all cylinders before Levy’s patience wears thin.
2. Jose Mourinho Chelsea – The Special one,The angry one, the lucky one, like his team choices, Jose Mourinho cannot make his mind up about which shoes fit.
Juan Mata has been left on the bench alongside David Luiz for most starting line ups when last season you could say they were Chelsea’s best players. Mourinho has made a big splash as he always does when entering a new [or old] club. Chelsea started off strongly but in recent peformances have played poorly, with Roman Abramovich at the helm you are always in danger of the sack when you perform badly not that Mourinho has overall but Chelsea have hardly set the premiership alight. Like every Chelsea manager before him you are always one game away from the sack.
1. Martin Jol Fulham - With a new owner at the helm and Jol being the old regime’s appointment old managers and new owners famously never last especially with Fulham languishing at the foot of the table. With the recent 4 nil defeat at the hands of Liverpool the sack is looming for Martin Jol and if results don’t improve dramatically and soon its matter of when and not if Jol recieves his P45
Related Fulham News