Bryan Ruiz has swiftly rebuffed reports that he only joined Fulham for the money.
The 26-year-old moved from FC Twente on transfer deadline day for a reported fee of Â£10.6million despite interest from several other Premier League clubs. However, Ruiz reportedly told Dutch magazine Voetbal International he would rather have signed for London rivals Tottenham and only moved to Craven Cottage for the money.
He has moved to deny the comments, saying: "Following media reports concerning interviews I gave in Holland last week about my move to Fulham Football Club, I wish to make it known to the club's supporters that as soon as Fulham's interest was apparent to me in the summer, and despite very public interest from other clubs, I was only ever intent on joining FFC."
He added: "As I said on the day I signed, I was attracted by the club's ambition and the opportunity to play under Martin Jol.
"Fulham felt far more personal to me than any of the other clubs I visited and there was no question of me joining any other Premier League team once I had spoken to Fulham's representatives.
"The truth of the matter is I'm delighted to be at Fulham Football Club.
"I'm back in the team, we're playing well and I feel like I'm showing my true form.
"We started the week brilliantly against Liverpool and I just want to focus on helping the team against Swansea on Saturday.
"I am indebted to the chairman and Martin Jol for bringing me here and I want to thank the Fulham fans for the warm reception and affection they always show towards me. "
Ruiz has endured a frustrating start to life in west London due to struggles with form and fitness, only playing his first 90 minutes in Monday's 1-0 defeat of Liverpool.