skip to content

Fulham fined Pajtim Kasami 500 for missing penalty

04 Oct 2011 08:58:50

Fulham fined Pajtim Kasami 500 for missing penalty

Fulham new boy Pajtim Kasami was fined ?500 after he missed a penalty in the Carling Cup against Chelsea last month. The 19-year-old hit the bar in the 47th minute after Alex was sent off for bringing down Karim Frei and Fulham went on to lose after extra-time and penalties. Senior players are understood to be upset by the decision to punish Kasami for missing a spot-kick, although manager Martin Jol argued it was because Orlando Sa was the designated penalty-taker. On the spot: Rookie Kasami was fined ?500 for his penalty miss at Stamford Bridge The teenager, who earns around ?8,000 a week and only joined Fulham this summer from Palermo, insisted he did not realise Sa was supposed to take the penalties in the absence of club captain Danny Murphy. A Fulham insider told Sportsmail: 'A few of the lads were upset Kasami got fined after the Chelsea game because it was ridiculous - if he had scored, there would not have been a problem. 'The players have been quite lucky in the last few years because (former managers) Roy Hodgson and Mark Hughes didn't really bother with fines. 'But Jol fines players for lots of little things, like being late for team meetings or throwing a strop if they are substituted. 'That's fine, as the payments are minimal and the fines are for bad discipline, but the Kasami thing upset a few of them.' Have a word: Chris Baird speaks to his young team-mate Kasami after his Carling Cup miss against Chelsea Jol oversaw his first Premier League win as Fulham boss on Sunday as his side hammered QPR 6-0 at Craven Cottage, but doubts linger over the Dutchman's communication skills. The manager admitted at the weekend he does not get along with star striker Bobby Zamora, who was angry at being rested for Fulham's 2-0 win over Odense last week. Jol called the striker a 'sensitive person' and added: 'Hopefully Bobby will start liking me - because I like him after scoring a goal.' But Sportsmail understands Zamora was particularly upset at being told via text message he was not needed in Denmark and the pair have not spoken since last Tuesday (Sept 27). Backlash: New Fulham boss Martin Jol has unsettled some players with his management Zamora, who set up two and scored Fulham's sixth goal on Sunday, has now joined up with the England squad and is not expected to report back for club duties for a further week. Andrew Johnson, meanwhile, has insisted he wants to stay at Fulham. The striker, 30, recently turned down a new two-year deal and will be a free agent next summer. Talking point: Andrew Johnson wants a new contract at Craven Cottage but strike partner bobby Zamora has not spoke to boss Jol for a week Johnson said: 'I hope something can be sorted out soon with a contract. I have said I want to stay here. 'We have been talking for some time but it is a busy period for clubs, but I hope something can get sorted. 'I don't think it is in question that I want to stay at the club. I have proved that since the start of the season. I am a Fulham player and I want to stay it that way.'  'It makes me want to throw up': Gemma Collins admits she's upset over new TOWIE couple Maria Fowler and Mick NorcrossFulham 6 QPR 0: Hat-trick hero Johnson heaps misery on Warnock in west London routPunters 1 Premier League 0: Landmark court ruling favours pub goers in row over TV rightsAll the latest Fulham news, features and opinion


Daily_Mail

Sponsored links

advertisement

Related Fulham News

advertisement

advertisment