Scunthorpe's last five games
Jan 3: Championship - Scunthorpe 1 Watford 2
Jan 1: Championship - Doncaster 3 Scunthorpe 0
Dec 28: Championship - Burnley 0 Scunthorpe 2
Dec 4: Championship - Millwall 3 Scunthorpe 0
Nov 27: Championship - Scunthorpe 0 Coventry 2
Everton's last five games
Jan 5: Premier League - Everton 2 Spurs 1
Jan 1: Premier League - Stoke 2 Everton 0
Dec 28: Premier League - West Ham 1 Everton 1
Dec 20: Premier League - Man City 1 Everton 2
Dec 11: Premier League - Everton 0 Wigan 0
The Blues have only met Scunthorpe twice in their history, winning on both occasions. The ties came in a Leagu Cup clash over two legs in the 1997/98 season under Howard Kendall. EFC won the first match at Scunthorpe 1-0 thanks to a goal from midfielder Gareth Farrelly.
In the second leg at home, Everton were comfortable victors as Graham Stuart, John Oster and Danny Cadamarteri backed up a Nick Barmby double for a 5-0 win on the night and a 6-0 aggregate triumph.
For more on the Blues' five FA Cup wins, see our 12 days of Christmas special by clicking here.
Quick Quiz (answers on next page)
1) Where did the Blues finish in the Premier League table in the season they played Scunthorpe in the League Cup, 1997/98?
2) Howard Kendall was an FA Cup runner-up one as a Blues player and twice as a manager - name the three seasons in which these matches took place.
3) Which former Blue played more than 150 games for Scunthorpe between 2001-06?
4) Which Everton full-back of the late 1980s came to Goodison Park from Scunthorpe United?
5) Which international cricketer played a handful of games for Scunthorpe in the 1980s?
See next page for video of Dan Gosling firing in against Liverpool during the Blues' 2009 cup run >>>>>>