Johnson dismisses exit talk
Adam Johnson has dismissed rumours he is unhappy at Manchester City and stated his belief that the club can win four trophies this season. Johnson has failed to command a regular place in the expensively assembled starting line-up at the Etihad Stadium since moving from Middlesbrough in January 2010. The 24-year-old was linked with a temporary move away from the club over the summer with the likes of Spurs, Everton and Aston Villa linked. However, Johnson, who started City's opening Premier League game with Swansea last Monday, is happy where he is and believes the club has a chance of winning all four of the trophies on offer this season - including the Champions League. "It's not a case anymore of when City are going to do it, we are actually doing it now," Johnson told the Mail On Sunday. "We're definitely going into four competitions thinking we can win them all. "I know I can't play every game but as long as I play my fair share then I will be happy. "People thought I'd be a bit-part player when I signed but I said to myself I'll show people how good I am and get straight into the team. "I'd like to win the Premier League above anything else, including the Champions League. But we won't take anything lightly." Johnson also revealed his determination to break into Fabio Capello's England squad ahead of next year's European Championships after missing out on the World Cup in South Africa last year. "Missing out on the World Cup was devastating for me," added Johnson. "That is gone now, but I can't not go to Euro 2012 as well. It is something I want to do so badly. "I am going to be trying so hard for City and playing well, so he can't not pick me."
Related Everton News