Everton accept Pienaar bid
Everton have accepted an offer from an unnamed club for midfielder Steven Pienaar.
Manager David Moyes has now given the South Africa international, who is out of contract at the end of the season, permission to discuss a potential move in the current transfer window.
It was reported the 28-year-old has already held talks with Barclays Premier League champions Chelsea but those negotiations have broken down. It has also been claimed that Pienaar will sign a pre-contract agreement with a major European club. Moyes did not comment on those reports at his weekly press conference on Friday, but did confirm Pienaar could soon be leaving Goodison Park.
Moyes said: "We have had two offers and one of those offers has been accepted.
"We have allowed his representatives to speak to the other club, but whether it goes through or not I don't know yet."
Pienaar has made a big impact at Everton since signing for £2million from Borussia Dortmund in 2007.
He was the club's player of the season last year but the Merseysiders have been unable to tie him to a new contract.
It had been suspected that talks with Pienaar had stalled but Moyes admitted that a contract offer was rejected some time ago, making his departure inevitable.
When asked if Pienaar had decided he wanted to move on, Moyes said: "I think the player probably decided that when he turned down his contract six months or a year ago, whenever it was.
"But he has done very well for us on the pitch, so we have no complaints."
Related Everton News