Transfer talk unsettling - Martinez
Everton boss Roberto Martinez insists there has been no fresh approach from Manchester United for Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines - and claims he has not made a bid for Wigan's James McCarthy.
The Latics have already rejected one bid from United from the pair and there have been reports that a new bid has been made.
But Martinez, whose Everton side take on Stevenage in the Capital One Cup at Goodison Park on Wednesday night, said that is not the case.
Asked if there had been a new offer from United, he replied: "No, no other news."
He told Everton's official website: "I know we are going to be talking about the transfer window but that's not what we are focusing on now."
Asked about the transfer window unsettling players at his stage of the season, Martinez said: "It happens up and down the country and it is a global concern in football. I think the football authorities need to look into it and not put the players, the fans and the league in this situation.
"You are going to get people's minds turned in every dressing room in the country, but that's what the laws in the game are forcing us to do.
"It's not a great situation so that's why we want to focus on the games."
United boss David Moyes' attempted raid on his former club saw an initial bid of B#28million for the two players - Everton responded by releasing a statement describing the offer as "derisory and insulting."
Moyes signed Belgium midfielder Fellaini for Everton in 2008 for a fee that has already reached B#17million with add-ons, yet United appear to be offering only B#16million for the 25-year-old.
Martinez admits he is still looking at new signings ahead of Monday's transfer deadline, but is adamant no bid has been made to his old club Wigan for McCarthy.
He said: "There has been no bid made. I think it's quite easy to understand that James is a player I signed at a young age and I've got huge admiration for him, so it doesn't take anyone [much] to create a little bit of a story. But there has been no bid."
Darron Gibson has an outside chance of playing against Stevenage after a knee injury, although the match will probably come too soon, while defender Tony Hibbert should be involved against the League One side.
Martinez also confirmed summer signing Antolin Alcaraz is due to be back in training this week and should be fully fit after the international break.
Graham Westley is determined to do all he can to ensure Stevenage's dream tie against Everton does not turn into a Capital One Cup nightmare.
Boro boss Westley insists he does not see the second-round tie as a "big day" for the League One club because he knows how badly such occasions can go.
Referring to his time as Farnborough Town manager, Westley recalled an FA Cup fourth-round fixture at Arsenal in February 2003.
"I don't know about a big day," he said.
"I can remember preparing for a big day at Arsenal some years ago. I took my Farnborough side there, we had a man sent off, we got absolutely battered and it didn't feel like a big day at all. It was a horrific experience.
"So I don't look at it as a big day, I look at it as the next game and to win any game you've got to prepare properly.
"You've got to get ready for these games by giving them the respect they deserve. You need to appreciate why those players are at that level and why those clubs are where they are. If we don't do that then we run a big risk."