A former senior official of FIFA and his family were paid almost $2 million (£1.2m) from a Qatari firm liked to the Gulf state's successful bid for the 2022 World Cup finals, according to a report in Tuesday's edition of Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper.
The Telegraph said Jack Warner, the former vice-president of FIFA, appeared to have been personally paid $1.2 million (£720,000) from a company controlled by a former Qatari official shortly after the controversial decision to award the country the tournament.
Payments totalling almost $750,000 (£450,000) were made to Mr Warner's sons, according to documents seen by the Telegraph. A further $400,000 (£240,000) was paid to one of his employees.
The Telegraph also said a company owned by Mohamed Bin Hammam, the then FIFA executive member for Qatar, appeared to pay $1.2 million (£720,000) to Mr Warner in 2011.
FIFA should re-run the bid for the 2022 World Cup if an FBI investigation proves corrupt payments were made in connection with the vote, according to the MP who is campaigning for reform of the world governing body.
The Daily Telegraph has claimed the FBI is investigating payments from a company owned by Qatari Mohamed Bin Hammam to fellow former FIFA member Jack Warner, from the Caribbean. Both men left FIFA in disgrace following a 2011 corruption scandal.
Qatar World Cup chiefs have reacted to the latest claims by insisting they adhered to all FIFA's rules.
Damian Collins, who used Parliamentary privilege in 2011 to state allegations that two FIFA members had been paid to vote for Qatar 2022, told Press Association Sport: "If the FBI investigation can prove that corrupt payments were made to FIFA executives in connection to the decision to award that country the World Cup, they should be lose the right to host the tournament and the competition to stage World Cup 2022 should be re-run.
"These reports will only fuel concerns that the decision to award Qatar the World Cup was made for money reasons, not sporting ones, and that's wrong.
"The report on the FBI investigation suggests a web of lies and corruption at the highest levels of FIFA. This is something FIFA has never fully investigated and if these allegations are proven there has to be a top to bottom review of the roles and workings of members of FIFA's executive committee."
Warner and Bin Hammam's FIFA careers ended in disgrace after they were caught up in a corruption scandal surrounding Bin Hammam's campaign for the presidency of the world governing body in 2011.
Qatar's 2022 World Cup organising committee said in a statement: "The 2022 bid committee strictly adhered to FIFA's bidding regulations in compliance with their code of ethics.
"The supreme committee for delivery and legacy and the individuals involved in the 2022 bid committee are unaware of any allegations surrounding business dealings between private individuals."