- Crystal Palace News
- News Archive
- League Table
- Championship News
Palace refuse Freedman approach
Published : 22 Oct 2012 14:18:04Rss feed
Crystal Palace have refused Bolton permission to speak to manager Dougie Freedman.
Wanderers made an official approach for the Palace boss as they seek to replace Owen Coyle in the hotseat at the Reebok Stadium.
But in an official statement, the Eagles have confirmed they have not granted their fellow npower Championship club permission to speak to the 38-year-old.
It read: "Crystal Palace can confirm that they have received a request from Bolton Wanderers to speak to Dougie Freedman regarding their vacant manager's position.
"Permission has not been granted for Dougie to speak to Bolton."
Freedman was named manager permanently at Selhurst Park in January 2011 and led the club to a Carling Cup semi-final last season and has the Eagles up in fourth in the Championship table this campaign.
The London outfit are currently fourth in the Championship table, 12 places ahead of Bolton, who dismissed Coyle earlier this month on the back of a faltering start to their bid for an instant return to the Barclays Premier League.
Wanderers caretaker manager Jimmy Phillips masterminded a dramatic 3-2 comeback win over Bristol City on Saturday and he revealed attempts to bring Freedman to the north west were under way following weekend discussions with chairman Phil Gartside.
"Phil said from the outset he'd be open and honest with us and he came to the training ground yesterday and said he had made contact with Palace to speak to Dougie Freedman," Phillips said.