Mirror Link Marlon King Again

26 July 2010 01:54
King linked again According to the Mirror newspaper, Coventry City could be offering Marlon King a new deal if he is released from prison next month.City boss Aidy Boothroyd had initially said on July 7th that he was not able to offer the former Watford player anything at the moment. However, if this article is to be believed, it would appear that Boothroyd has not been able to land his A list of strikers and will go for King who is unattached after being sacked by Wigan Athletic.A poll on this site came out in favour of City not signing King who is currently serving an 18 month sentence for sexually assaulting and causing actual bodily harm to a woman in December 2008.Apart from his 18 month prison sentence for sexual assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm in 2008, he has been sentenced to an eighteen month prison sentence for receiving stolen goods in 2002.King also has convictions for a total 14 offences, dating from 1997. He has been fined and given driving bans, been sentenced to do community service. He has also received a rehabilitation order and orders to pay compensation on convictions including. His offences vary from theft from a person and from a car, criminal damage, and attempting to obtain property by deception, fraudulent use of vehicle licence document, driving without insurance, speeding, drink driving, a wounding incident while playing amateur football, and two cases involving assault of young women.While on loan at Hull he was alleged to have head butted team mate Dean Windass, but the incident was dealt with internally and Windass later dismissed the incident as "a storm in a teacup".King's loan spell at Hull ended in controversy when he reacted violently to the news he wouldn't be starting the game against Arsenal and was sent home.Putting aside King's colourful personal life, he has 18 international caps for Jamaica and during his four year spell at Watford he scored 36 goals in 81 appearances, 21 of them in the promotion season of 2005/6. He missed much of the 2006/7 Premiership season out with injury. He returned after three weeks out with a knee injury only to break down almost immediately and he was sidelined for another six months.