The move comes after newspaper allegations about a relationship between Bridge's former partner Vanessa Perroncel and Terry, who was stripped of the England captaincy by Capello in the wake of the headlines.
Related ArticlesMancini 'respects' Bridge's decisionMikel: Terry and Bridge will 'sort themselves out'Terry lands Bridge in the unwanted spotlightChelsea v Manchester City: previewCarlo Ancelotti on John Terry v Wayne BridgeShowdown at the BridgeTomorrow, the former Chelsea colleagues will come up against each other for the first time since the story broke, as Manchester City travel to Stamford Bridge in the Premier League.
The two defenders are certain to be the centre of attention, but Bridge's focus is on getting a result.
"He is fine, Wayne Bridge is totally fine and he is looking forward to the game on Saturday and hopefully getting a good result for Manchester City, that's the most important thing," said Given.
"It's a massive game for everyone at the club, including Wayne.
"Shaun Wright-Phillips is going back to his old club as well and they are both looking forward to it."
Asked if he was surprised by Bridge's decision to turn his back on England, Given said: "It's a personal thing for Wayne and a private one and I don't really want to comment on that situation."
Bridge's decision is the latest blow to an already unstable England defence, which is without captain Rio Ferdinand due to a back injury and first-choice left-back Ashley Cole with a broken ankle.
Earlier this week Capello spoke of his optimism Bridge would continue to play for his country, but the left-back's decision has been greeted with sympathy and surprise among present and former England internationals.