1. CRISTIANO RONALDO 2 LIONEL MESSI 2
Forget the argument about who’s the best player in the world. There is nothing to choose between these two incredible artists. Simply enjoy.
2. LUIS SUAREZ AND HIS LATEST DIVE
There’s just no excuse for his latest fall from grace against Stoke. Great player, but this has got to stop; for his own sake.
3. TOM CLEVERLEY’S MATCH-WINNING STRIKE
Some questioned whether his spectacular effort against Newcastle was a cross, not a shot. He maintained it was the latter. We agree.
4. SERGIO AGEURO’S MOMENT OF INSTANT MAGIC
After coming off the bench, Aguero broke Sunderland’s fighting spirit with a stunning finish from Kolarov’s cross. Make a note Mario.
5. MARIO BALOTELLI’S LATEST SHOW OF PETULANCE?
Not for the first time after being substituted, Balotelli walked straight off the pitch, straight down the tunnel, and straight into another potential row with the boss.
6. JONNY EVANS AND PATRICE EVRA ARE HEAD BOYS
Not only did Evans and Evra show their defensive qualities against Newcastle, they also found time to make their mark in the opposition box with two clinical headers.
7. ROBIN VAN PERSIE’S ALLEGED ELBOW
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew was far from happy with Van Persie’s flailing arm which caught Johan Cabaye in the face. An incident Howard Webb failed to spot.
8. STEVE CLARKE CONTINUES TO IMPRESS AT THE HAWTHORNS
Clarke has made light of his transition from No.2 to No.1 and he has got West Brom playing some impressive football. Top six is no fluke.
9. MARK HUGHES’ CONTINUED PROBLEMS AT QPR
The Rangers’ boss insists he is ‘still the right man for the job’ but you can’t help wondering if he brought in too many new players, too quickly. Time will tell.
10. BRANISLAV IVANOVIC’S ROLE IN THE 4-1 WIN OVER NORWICH
A quality assist for Fernando Torres’ goal and a sweet finish a striker would have been proud of – is there a better right back in the Premiership?