The transfer saga involving Robinho's proposed transfer from Real Madrid to Chelsea has taken a new twist after the Brazilian said he has happy to remain in the Spanish capital.
His agent, Wagner Ribeiro, claimed last Tuesday that the Blues were the favourites to sign his client, and on Monday Chelsea's chief executive Peter Kenyon admitted the Blues were interested in capturing Robinho.
However, later on Monday, the 24-year-old player told Spanish newspaper Marca: "I want to stay at Real Madrid for a long time.
"I'm very happy and I want to continue. My head is calm, I want to have a good pre-season with Real Madrid and continue here.
"Unfortunately I can't go to the Olympic Games with Brazil, but it is a decision that Real Madrid have made and I respect it."
Kenyon had earlier admitted: "It's well noted we've shown interest (in Robinho).
"We've had discussions with Madrid over it and they're ongoing. The window is still open and we're still talking to Madrid."