Liverpool will be bracing themselves for a renewed bid from Chelsea for star striker Fernando Torres after turning down a transfer request from the player.
The Anfield club turned down Torres' request and then told the Spain striker they expect him to honour his long-term contract.
Speculation had been rife about the 26-year-old's future after the club turned down a £35million bid from Chelsea.
Just hours after the Reds concluded a deal with Ajax for their Uruguay forward Luiz Suarez Torres handed in his request. It was rejected and the player was reminded of his previous pledge to the club.
"Fernando Torres on Friday night submitted a written transfer request, which has been rejected by Liverpool," said a club statement.
"Fernando is under long-term contract and the club expect him to honour the commitment he made to Liverpool FC and its supporters when he signed the agreement."