- Chelsea News
- News Archive
- League Table
- Premier League News
Oscar holds fire on Chelsea move
Brazil midfielder Oscar has confirmed he has had a medical with Chelsea, but will delay his decision on whether or not to sign for the Champions League winners until after the Olympics.
The 20-year-old Internacional playmaker has been the subject of intense speculation linking him with a move to Stamford Bridge all summer, with reports suggesting he had undergone a medical earlier this week. The player confirmed that himself on Friday tonight after starring in Brazil's 2-0 friendly win over Great Britain in Middlesbrough.
Speaking through an interpreter, Oscar was keen to point out he had not signed a contract with Roberto Di Matteo's side and said: "I only had a meeting with the doctor, nothing else. I didn't sign any contract yet and I will wait until the end of the Olympic games to decide my future."
He added: "All Brazilian players have this dream. I have, like everybody the dream to play in Europe and the Premier League."
Oscar joined Internacional from Sao Paulo in 2009 and last summer scored a hat-trick in the Under-20 World Cup final as Brazil beat Portugal.
He told Brazilian reporters he had decided to stay with Internacional earlier in the week, but now seems open to a Chelsea switch.
He was adamant, though, that Olympics remain his primary focus for now.
"It is like a dream for me, participating in the Olympics, it's so important for my career and I hope to win the gold medal here," he said.
"It was a good result tonight but we also have to improve and grow during the competition to reach the final.
"I am enjoying, it is not a pressure, I am focussed on the Olympics but want to show the British fans that I can play well here."
Related Chelsea News