Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has told Fernando Torres and the rest of his squad to see the competition for places as a challenge.
The Blues completed a three-match tour of Asia with an 8-1 win over BNI Indonesia All-Stars in Jakarta and Romelu Lukaku scored twice to take his tour tally to four.
Mourinho is happy with his squad and his sole remaining transfer target is Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney - a bid was rejected last week - in a move which would cast doubt on Torres' future.
The World Cup-winning Spain forward missed the Asia tour after being granted a break following the Confederations Cup, but along with Juan Mata, Cesar Azpilicueta, John Obi Mikel, David Luiz and Oscar, will join up with the Chelsea squad on Monday ahead of four matches in the United States as preparations for the new season continue in earnest.
"I think Fernando should be happy because we have competition in the team and I think that is good for everybody in every position," Mourinho said.
"Fernando I think will be pleased because during his time at Chelsea he was basically the only striker and then after that there was the arrival of (Demba) Ba in January.
"Now the team has three strikers and I think that is good."
A fourth could follow if a deal can be agreed for Rooney, but there have been no developments, Mourinho said.
The Portuguese added: "At this moment we have made what you know; that bid which was public and official and after that nothing else.
"But we are calm as we told you that we are calm because we are happy with what we have."