<—END OF LOAD TAG—>
 

Milan rule out Sheva move

28 May 2007 12:34
AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has ruled out making a summer move for Andriy Shevchenko because he believes Chelsea will not let the striker leave. Shevchenko has been largely unimpressive in his first season in the Premier League following his £30million transfer from Milan last summer. The Ukraine international has been strongly linked with a return to Italy after managing just four goals in 30 league appearances this term, but Ancelotti has ruled out attempting to launch a bid to re-sign his former player. "They paid so much for Shevchenko last year and I don't think they will want to do without him considering that in a couple of months they will have to do without Didier Drogba, who will be playing in the African Nations Cup," said the Champions League winning coach. Meanwhile, on-loan Argentina striker Hernan Crespo believes there is a "99 per cent chance" he will remain with Internazionale next season. Crespo is halfway through a two-year loan stay at the San Siro after struggling to adapt to life in the Premier League and is keen to remain in Italy. "It is not official yet but there is a 99 per cent chance that I will remain at Inter," he told Gazzetta dello Sport. "I want to thank Chelsea and my agent, who has done a miracle job. It is a present that has no price. "I am delighted but I want to wait until May 31 before celebrating."

Source: ESA