Milan chief: Chelsea won't sign duo
AC Milan general manager and vice-president Adriano Galliani is adamant Kaka will not join Chelsea and has also warned the London side off making a bid for Alexandre Pato. Reports in England on Wednesday suggested Chelsea had made a world-record offer for Kaka, claims later denied by the club, with the Brazil playmaker seemingly heading now for Real Madrid. Galliani told Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport: "An agreement with Chelsea could not exist. Kaka goes to Real or he remains at Milan. That is his choice and we are doing everything in complete agreement. Negotiations (with Real) do exist, but an agreement is not done." Galliani admitted on Monday at the unveiling of new coach Leonardo that Milan could no longer compete financially with the big-hitters in Spain and England, and he reiterated on Thursday that they are considering selling Kaka purely for financial reasons. "He has been here six years and won everything there is to win. Milan can not go on losing 70 million euros a year. The motivation behind Kaka's sale would be economical," he added. It had been suggested that Chelsea, having missed out on Kaka, would switch their attention to his Brazilian compatriot Pato but Galliani insisted the 19-year-old is not for sale. He said: "There is a negotiation for Kaka, but none of our other key men are for sale. That includes (Alexandre) Pato, (Andrea) Pirlo and (Clarence) Seedorf."
Related Chelsea News