Five facts on Champions League semi-finalists Chelsea
Five facts on English side Chelsea who qualified for the Champions League semi-finals on Tuesday by beating Paris St Germain of France:
1) Chelsea are now in the Champions League semi-finals for the seventh time in 11 years. They won in 2012.
2) Russian tycoon Roman Abramovich, who is worth a reputed $14 billion according to Forbes, took over Chelsea in 2003 and has since spent more than $1 billion on the team where he rarely misses a home game.
3) Abramovich has changed manager 10 times in his time as owner, clashing with top names such as Felipe Scolari, Carlo Ancelotti and Andre Villas-Boas.
4) Fernando Torres, the Spanish international who came on as a substitute for Chelsea against Paris St Germain, cost a then British record £50 million ($85 million) when signed from Liverpool in January 2011. He is now struggling to get a start for Spain's World Cup team.
5) Manager Jose Mourinho, in his second stint at Chelsea, is bidding to become the first coach to win the Champions League with three different clubs after Porto (2004) and Inter Milan (2010).
Related Chelsea News