Chelsea v Fulham pre-match stats: Benitez v Jol
Chelsea v Fulham Pre-Match Stats: Benitez v Jol
Whilst Rafael Benitez will be going head-to-head with Martin Jol this evening, another showdown is on the Stamford Bridge fight card – round two of Rafa versus the Chelsea fans!
The Spaniard’s first game in charge of the Blues was marred by boos of derision from the home crowd, some of whom displayed ‘Rafa Out’ banners as they reiterated their support for sacked boss Roberto di Matteo.
Hardly the welcome Benitez wanted, although he probably expected, and it will be interesting to see if the mood is any different tonight. Rafa has vowed to win the fans over – and he knows the only way to do that is with victories.
So what are his chances against Martin Jol’s Fulham tonight? We at football.co.uk are going for a home win but let’s see what the pre-match stats – and the bookies odds – suggest...
Top Ten Pre-Match Stats
1. The last three encounters between the two sides have ended in stalemates, including two 1-1 draws last season.
2. Fulham have beaten Chelsea only once in the last 32 league and cup meetings, spanning 33 years.
3. The Cottagers’ only success against the Blues was a 1-0 win at Craven Cottage in March 2006.
4 .Chelsea are without a win in their last five league games, their worst run of results since they lost six on the bounce in the winter of 2010.
5. Fulham are also winless in their last five league matches and are in danger of losing three successive games for the first time this season.
6. Chelsea scored 19 goals in their first eight league games but have managed just five in their subsequent five matches.
7. The Blues have won seven of 11 Premier League home encounters with their West London neighbours, with the majority by a one goal margin.
8. Only Southampton (19) have conceded more goals on their travels this season than Martin Jol’s men (16).
9. There have been just five goals scored in the last five meetings in all competitions between Chelsea and Fulham.
10. Most bookies quote a Chelsea win at 4/9 whilst you can get a round sixes on a Fulham victory. It’s 7/2 the draw.
Check out the latest odds with Betway – the official betting partner of football.co.uk
Related Chelsea News