- Chelsea News
- News Archive
- League Table
- Premier League News
Chelsea deny ' 73.5m bid' for Kaka
Published : 03 Jun 2009 17:14:00
Reports from Spain on Tuesday night appeared to suggest that Real Madrid had agreed terms with AC Milan to bring the 27-year-old to the Bernabeu in a £56m deal. But on Wednesday Sky Sports reported that Chelsea had made a bid of 85 million euros, and offered the 2002 World Cup winner personal terms including a salary of approximately £10m per-year after tax. Related ArticlesMilan downplay Kaka moveTop 10 Kaka goalsKaka set to join Real MadridRonaldo v KakaKaka the ultimate catch for RealMilan: Kaka deal not discussed with RealKaka, who rejected a £91m move to Manchester City in January, has said he wants to stay at AC Milan, but the Serie A club's president Silvio Berlusconi has already signalled that such sums of money were difficult to resist. Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti, who until last week managed Kaka in Milan, was said to have made a personal intervention late on Tuesday after it appeared the player's father and agent Bosco Leite was close to agreeing a transfer to Spain. Milan earlier distanced themselves from reports claiming Kaka would move to Madrid. The Rossoneri dismissed claims that general manager Adriano Galliani was negotiating the sale of the Brazilian while on a visit to Spain. In a statement released on the club's official website, Milan insisted Galliani had only travelled to Madrid to attend a dinner for Perez. The statement read: "The general manager of the Rossoneri, Adriano Galliani, is in the city of Madrid exclusively for the investiture dinner of Florentino Perez, the new president of Real Madrid." The Brazilian, whose full name is Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite, joined AC Milan from Sao Paulo in 2003 and has won Serie A, the Champions League and the Fifa Club World Cup with the Rossoneri, as well as personally claiming the Ballon d'Or and Fifa World Player of the Year in 2007.