skip to content

Chelsea close in on 'new Kaka' Lucas Piazon

16 Mar 2011 09:03:13

Chelsea close in on 'new Kaka' Lucas Piazon

Chelsea are close to the signing Sao Paulo starlet Lucas Piazon in a deal which could rise in instalments to ?8million. The 17-year-old, who is playing for Brazil in the South American Under 17 Championship, is an attacking midfielder and has been watched by Chelsea for two years - despite never playing a senior game for his club. Lucas, also wanted by Juventus and Liverpool, will undergo medical tests at Cobham after the tournament this month before returning to Brazil, but he will be officially unveiled by Chelsea on his 18th birthday next January. A contract has already been drafted and could be signed as later this week. On the move? Chelsea are close to signing Lucas Piazon The Brazilian, dubbed the new Kaka, is 80 per cent owned by his club, with relatives and agent Giuliano Bertolucci holding the other 20 per cent. Piazon has drawn comparison to Kaka because the Real Madrid star also came through at Sao Paulo before heading to Europe, but the teenager is more of an out-an-out striker than his midfield senior. The fee will help the Brazilian club pay for Luis Fabiano, the 30-year-old Tottenham target who snubbed a move to England to return home from Sevilla. Big things are expected of Piazon at the South American Under 17 Championship in Ecuador, where he scored the winner in Brazil's opening 4-3 win against Venezuela on Sunday. He was the top scorer in the 2009 Under 15 South American Championship by hitting 10 goals - twice as many as his nearest rival - when Brazil finished runners-up behind Paraguay. The youngster may not need a work permit if he can secure a Italian passport through his family heritage. VIDEO: Watch Piazon score for Brazil Under 17s in the 4-3 victory over Venezuela...  Carlo's lucky tie: Kind draw lets Chelsea boss take heat off Torres John Terry delight at earning England armband back, claims Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti  Explore more:Places: Liverpool, Ecuador, Paraguay, United Kingdom, Brazil, Europe


Daily_Mail

Sponsored links

advertisement

Related Chelsea News

advertisement

advertisment