Ancelotti appears resigned to losing his job after overseeing what is set to be the Blues' worst season since Roman Abramovich bought the club.
Arms race: Ancelotti warns that too many changes could disrupt Chelsea
There are also rumours several players could be moved on but Ancelotti yesterday insisted only minor tweaks were needed and claimed ripping up his blueprint would be a big mistake.
'To change a lot of players would be dangerous,' he said. 'The squad is really good. We had two new players in January who, next season, will be better.
'So, to judge our season, you have to stay quiet and calm.'
Ancelotti believes the way Barclays Premier League champions-elect Manchester United reacted to surrendering the title last season proves pressing the panic button is not the way forward.
'They finished second,' he said. 'They were calm, quiet, bought the right players. This year, they win.'
The two players Ancelotti bought in January were Fernando Torres and David Luiz, who arrived in a record-breaking ?75million double deal.
Torres has so far proven a huge flop while Luiz enjoyed a sensational start to life at Stamford Bridge but his form has dipped alarmingly in recent weeks.
Ancelotti admitted it could have made all the difference had the champions managed to sign both of them last summer.
Flying high: Ancelotti believes that Didier Drogba (above) will strike up a good partnership with Fernando Torres
'We were not able to do this because the other clubs, Liverpool and Benfica, wanted to start the season with these players,' he said.
'It's not always easy to play well immediately if you arrive in January.'
The end of Chelsea's realistic title ambitions has allowed Ancelotti the luxury of tinkering with his side for their final two games of the season, starting against Newcastle on Sunday.
The Italian confirmed Torres - for whom the team is expected to be built around next term - would start and backed him to more than repay his ?50million transfer fee during the remaining five years of his contract.
'He will have a fantastic career here at Chelsea,' Ancelotti said.
'He had a problem but, next season, it will be really better for him.
'He will start the season training with more knowledge about the squad, the atmosphere in the squad, so it will be easier for him to give his best.'
And Ancelotti was adamant Torres and Didier Drogba would click next season given the opportunity.
'I'm sure Fernando and Drogba will be able to play together in the future - I'm sure,' he emphasised.
'Obviously you have to change a little bit, change the position of the midfielders a bit to put them together, and we've not had time to change our philosophy.
Looking up: Torres has had a tough time since arriving at Stamford Bridge
'But when you start a new season, you can cope with this change.'
It is looking unlikely Ancelotti will be the man to mastermind that change and the Italian is already plotting his next move.
'My desire is to stay here,' he said. 'But, if it's not possible, I have to find another thing.
'I don't need to have a rest. I want to train next season.'
Confirming he would prefer another job in England, he added: 'I love the atmosphere here.
'I think everyone respects your job. There is no violence, the stadiums are full. That's the reason I want to stay here.
'If it's not possible, I'm Italian. If there are some opportunities in Italy, I will take them.'
Exclusive: FA caught in bitter beer war with Budweiser named Cup sponsorAncelotti reiterates desire to stay in England. if Chelsea sack himAll the latest Chelsea FC news, features and opinion
Explore more:People: Roman Abramovich, Fernando Torres, Didier Drogba, Carlo Ancelotti Places: Newcastle, Liverpool, United Kingdom, Italy