skip to content

Atletico rule out exits

10 Jun 2009 17:02:16

Atletico rule out exits

Atletico Madrid insist Sergio Aguero, Diego Forlan and Maxi Rodriguez will be going nowhere this summer. Argentine starlet Aguero is reported to be a top transfer target for Chelsea, while Uruguayan hit-man Forlan has attracted interest from Manchester City and Real Madrid. South American star Maxi is said to be on the wish list of Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp, but Atletico are adamant that the trio will not be sold. The club's sporting director Jesus Garcia Pitarch reiterated this stance on Wednesday, and started his rant by dismissing reports suggesting an offer has already been received for Aguero. "Until today we have received no formal approach for 'Kun' Aguero," he said. "Reports in the papers say one thing, but the reality is the opposite. "The club has no desire to sell the player, even if his buy-out clause is met. "I can confirm that we have had offers for the player in the past, but we have none at this time. "We spoke with 'Kun' in the last few weeks and he has given no indication that he wants to leave. He is happy at Atletico Madrid." On Forlan's future, Pitarch added: "The player has stated his desire to remain at Atletico and his agent told us the same thing last week." Finally, on reports suggesting Maxi could be heading to England, he said: "The player has a contract with us and we are certain he will be part of our plans for the new season. "At Atletico we are keen to improve our squad, not damage it with sales."


SKY_Sports

Sponsored links

advertisement

Related Chelsea News

advertisement

advertisment