- Chelsea News
- News Archive
- League Table
- Premier League News
Ancelotti: Chelsea axe 'no problem'
Published : 15 Apr 2011 12:30:08
Carlo Ancelotti has claimed he would have 'no problem' if Chelsea sacked him at the end of the season.
Ancelotti is widely considered a dead man walking at Stamford Bridge, with the club on the brink of their worst season since Roman Abramovich bought the club almost eight years ago. The Italian insisted he had yet to learn his fate and was focusing on helping Chelsea finish as high as possible in the Barclays Premier League.
"I don't know what my future is," he said. "At the end of the season, I think the club can decide if they want me to continue or if they want to change. If they are not happy, they can change without problem. This is not a problem for me."
Chelsea have only finished a season without silverware twice during Abramovich's reign, with the Russian sacking the manager on both occasions. Ancelotti, who confirmed he spoke with the owner after Tuesday's Champions League defeat at Manchester United, won the double in his first campaign in charge.
But he admitted this would mean nothing considering this season's collapse.
"Last year is the past," he said. "Everyone was happy to win the double last year but this is the past.
"Obviously, this season was not a good season for us but now we have seven games."
Ancelotti also insisted it was not the time to apportion blame for Chelsea's season.
"It's not the moment to find guilt," he said. "It's a moment to stay focused on the next game, do our best, and look to the end of the season. We can judge at the end what was wrong and what was good."
Ancelotti is the sixth manager of the Abramovich era, with the Russian having lost patience with previous bosses over their failure to land the Champions League.