skip to content

Laszlo waits on board decision

29 Dec 2009 15:50:05

Laszlo waits on board decision

Jambos boss Laszlo is hoping to wrap up loan moves for both strikers when the transfer window opens on Friday. But although he has already made up his own mind about them, he admits he does not have the final decision over whether they spend the rest of the season at Tynecastle. "Normally, if I tell them to come here, you know that I make a decision," said Laszlo. "I know both players and I think definitely up front we need some players who bring danger to the opponents and can score goals. "But talk about this is too early. "The board must also decide." The ultimate decision will almost certainly rest with majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov, who refused to sanction the acquisition of any of Laszlo's striking targets during the last transfer window. Charlton's McLeod and Plymouth Argyle's MacLean were linked with Hearts at the time but Romanov claimed none of Laszlo's recommendations were of a high enough standard. However, the fact both forwards have already trained with the Edinburgh club suggests Laszlo has managed to convince his boss of their merits. And one or both could be thrown straight into the heat of an Edinburgh derby when Hearts visit arch-rivals Hibernian in the Scottish Premier League on Sunday. "If they sign and they are available, yes," said Laszlo. "I bring the players to play, not to sit on the bench." Laszlo also claimed he had been inundated with calls from players and their agents interested in moves to Hearts. "This is interesting if you see in the last couple of days how many players and agents called us," he said. "Hearts is a big club and if you have some good results you make yourself immediately interesting." Hearts have managed just that, winning back-to-back games for the first time this season to propel themselves up to fifth in the table ahead of Wednesday's visit of Motherwell, which is subject to a 2pm pitch inspection. "In football, the ball is round, and the ball turns all the time," said Laszlo of Hearts' recent change of fortune. Their bid for a hat-trick of victories may nor may not be helped by the sacking of Motherwell boss Jim Gannon on Monday. But Laszlo, who revealed striker Calum Elliot would return to training next week from a troublesome knee injury, said: "Now the manager is out, this can be dangerous. "But we'll try to ignore this. "We'll go out at Tynecastle - this is our home ground - and we'll try to win the game. "We've won the last two games and I think now for us there is also a big possibility to stabilise ourselves a bit." The January transfer window could see players leaving as well as arriving at Tynecastle. Laszlo claimed he yet yet to receive an approach for any of his squad but admitted a willingness to sell. "If it brings money and the player thinks this is a good move and the club can make money and invest again, this is okay," he said. One of those linked with such a move is star defender Jose Goncalves, whose contract expires in the summer. The 24-year-old - linked with Celtic - recently backtracked on comments that he would definitely leave the club at the end of the season. He insisted on Tuesday that he would even be prepared to sign a new deal, saying: "I want to stay here and if everything goes right, we can talk and I will say yes. It's not a problem."


Team_Talk

Sponsored links

advertisement

Related Charlton Athletic News

advertisement

advertisment