Carlisle 2-2 Exeter: Match Report

22 February 2011 10:54
Harley checks Carlisle progress A first-half double from Ryan Harley extended Exeter's unbeaten away record to six games following a 2-2 draw at Carlisle. The Cumbrians took an early lead through Craig Curran and after Harley's brace Ivory Coast striker Francois Zoko hit back for the home side on the stroke of half-time. Two teams separated only by goal difference in mid-table produced a game full of scoring chances although Carlisle gained the ascendancy in the second period without being able to find a winner. Carlisle took just nine minutes to open the scoring when Zoko cut the ball back into the path of Curran, who was able to glide his shot past the diving Ben Hamer from 12 yards. Four minutes later Exeter were level when David Noble found Harley, who moved inside before beating Adam Collin with a raking low left-footed shot from the edge of the box, the ball going in off the right hand post. Harley was City's saviour at the other end, clearing a Danny Livesey header off the goalline after the central defender had got on the end of a cross from the right. In the 27th minute it was Harley at the end of things in the Carlisle goalmouth, turning the ball home from six yards when profiting from Jamie Cureton's mis-kick from Steve Tully's cross. Both sides looked much better in attack than defending and Carlisle pressure told in first half added time as Curran headed Ben Marshall's ball back into the danger area. It came back off a defender and Zoko was able to adjust his position before forcing his effort home from close range. Danger man Harley was hunting a hat-trick and stung goalkeeper Collin's palms with a rasping 25-yard shot. The industrious Curran created Carlisle's best chance of the second half, winning possession close to the by-line and cutting inside only to see his shot from close quarters blocked by Hamer.

Carlisle 2-2 Exeter: Match Report - view commentary, squad, and statictics of the game as it happened.

Source: DSG